Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fellowship News - I Got One!

Hello again. I'm getting all psyched up to go out to California in a few weeks and meet a whole bunch of other food and wine writers for a few days at the Symposium for Professional Wine Writers. My head's spinning a little bit since I was awarded a fellowship by Peju Province Winery to attend the symposium. I sent in a writing sample as a pipe dream, never realizing that they would choose someone who wasn't technically published yet. But to look at the list of fellowship recipients I am definitely the rookie, so there you go.
Though I have been very interested over the last year or so in pursuing this sort of writing as a potential career, I am usually so hung up selling wine to actually think about the writing end of things that I find so gratifying. This news has definitely put a little fire under me to get up and put more material on this blog and to get samples and articles out to magazines and publishers. We'll see what happens...

No comments: